What news about ModX and Montage ?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Fred
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hello,

Whereas some brands announce many gear and softs news, I haven't seen anything about Modx and/or Montage, not even the least tiny software update. It is quite disappointing.

Do you have somme news ?

Posted : 21/01/2021 11:56 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Brands announce news on products with updates - typically around some kind of event or periodic industry cycle.

Right now - it's the NAMM replacement, Believe In Music, that's the event.

Yamaha didn't provide an update to MODX/Montage in conjunction with Believe In Music. They did have a number of non-MODX/Montage products that received news/updates. MODX and Montage's time for this is (assumed) later.

Posted : 23/01/2021 11:48 am
 Fred
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Thank you for your answer.

Posted : 23/01/2021 4:52 pm
Darryl
Prominent Member

Since I bought my Montage ~2 1/2 years ago, I don't think Yamaha have released an OS update during NAMM, so I was hopefully, but not expecting any announcements this time. I thought maybe they might have release 4.0 in response to Korg's Nautilus; however that particular synth really doesn't compete with either the Montage or the MODX.

Since 4.0 is most likely the next OS update, I suspect it will be a big one like 3.0 was, and include some major features/enhancements that essentially give us a brand new Synth. This is likely why it is taking so long for this next update and it hasn't been even a year yet since 3.5 was released.

What I am most curious to know when they do finally release 4.0, is will they have fixed the major flaw with the Pitch Bend Stepping issue as can easily be heard here: https://soundcloud.com/dclowe/dx7ii-vs-montageos35-pitchbend and will they finally give us their C7 Piano Library that is on the Genos, CPxx & YCxx keyboards..!?

Posted : 24/01/2021 5:23 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us