Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Yamaha Synthesizers 45th Anniversary 24 Hour Live Stream Event!

24 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes

Facebook?

I do understand that my question sounded wierd but it's due to the fact I got an email from Ideascale regarding this event which I interpret as a broadcast through facebook.

I failed to read the full announcement posted in this thread believing it to basically be the same.

Ideascale message for reference:
"
Hello from Yamaha,

On September 22-23, the Yamaha Synth team will be broadcasting from Yamaha HQ in Hamamatsu Japan. The broadcast will feature new product updates, announcements, artist performances, demos, interviews and a tour of "Innovation Road" – a living history of all Yamaha products.

The broadcast will begin on September 22 at 1 p.m. CEST (11:00 UTC) for European viewers; the second block will begin September 22 at 1 p.m. PDT (20:00 UTC) for North and South American audiences and then finally the third at 1 p.m. JST (04:00 UTC) on September 23 for viewers on and around the Pacific coast of Asia. The first two blocks will largely be in English while the final one will largely be in Japanese.

Tune-in at facebook.com/yamahasynths.
"

Posted : 18/09/2019 10:44 pm

Facebook?

Yup. This is what I had in my inbox (see the bold line)

Hello from Yamaha,

On September 22-23, the Yamaha Synth team will be broadcasting from Yamaha HQ in Hamamatsu Japan. The broadcast will feature new product updates, announcements, artist performances, demos, interviews and a tour of "Innovation Road" – a living history of all Yamaha products.

The broadcast will begin on September 22 at 1 p.m. CEST (11:00 UTC) for European viewers; the second block will begin September 22 at 1 p.m. PDT (20:00 UTC) for North and South American audiences and then finally the third at 1 p.m. JST (04:00 UTC) on September 23 for viewers on and around the Pacific coast of Asia. The first two blocks will largely be in English while the final one will largely be in Japanese.

Tune-in at facebook.com/yamahasynths.

Sincerely,
Ben Israel
R&D Planning Manager
Yamaha

So the question remains are there other means to see this event for those not on Facebook?

Posted : 19/09/2019 6:05 pm
Bad Mister

I’m sure it will be like most of the Live Stream events, (NAMM, Super Booth, Launch events) where they will be archived for viewing here on this site shortly after the live feed is finished. It’s a big deal 45th Anniversary of Synthesizers... I’m quite sure if you can’t view it live, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to view it later.

Posted : 19/09/2019 7:27 pm

I’m sure it will be like most of the Live Stream events, (NAMM, Super Booth, Launch events) where they will be archived for viewing here on this site shortly after the live feed is finished. It’s a big deal 45th Anniversary of Synthesizers... I’m quite sure if you can’t view it live, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to view it later.

I don't doubt that the information will trickle down sooner or later and that might be the option for me then.

Thank you for responding, BM.

Posted : 19/09/2019 8:43 pm
Bad Mister

Typically, YouTube is where you’ll usually find the videos from such events posted. If you can’t catch it “Live” look for it on YouTube shortly after the event.

Posted : 20/09/2019 12:08 pm

Thanks. I probably won't be in at that time anyway, so good to know and I will pass this on to answer the query about how people who don't have FB can access it.

Posted : 20/09/2019 6:44 pm

Typically, YouTube is where you’ll usually find the videos from such events posted. If you can’t catch it “Live” look for it on YouTube shortly after the event.

@Bad Mister: Again, Thank you. Youtube has been my go-to place to catch up videos from similar events in the past so I'll stick with that.

Thanks. I probably won't be in at that time anyway, so good to know and I will pass this on to answer the query about how people who don't have FB can access it.

@Derek: I've done that as well. Let's see what is announced and continue discussions next week.

Posted : 20/09/2019 7:31 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Spelling out the various times and languages for folks in the US:

9/22 - 1st stream (in English) - Duration: 7 hours
4AM-11AM Pacific Time (PDT)
5AM-12PM Mountain Time (MDT)
6AM-1PM Central Time (CDT)
7AM-2PM Eastern Time (EDT)

(2 hour break)

9/22 - 2nd stream (also in English) - Duration: 7 hours
1PM-8PM Pacific Time (PDT)
2PM-9PM Mountain Time (MDT)
3PM-10PM Central Time (CDT)
4PM-11PM Eastern Time (EDT)

(1 hour break)

922 through 9/23 - 3rd stream (in Japanese) - Duration: 6 hours
9PM-3AM Pacific Time (PDT)
10PM-4AM Mountain Time (MDT)
11PM-5AM Central Time (CDT)

9/23 - 3rd stream (in Japanese) - Duration 6 hours
12AM-6AM Eastern Time (EDT)

Posted : 21/09/2019 9:32 pm

I just checked and some if not all video announcements and performances so far has been available for non-fb users as well.

Posted : 22/09/2019 4:25 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us