Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Desperate music theater synth player's question...!

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 T
Topic starter

Hello. I've was just given a gig to play synth in a complicated music theater score ("Sunday in the Park with George"), which is opens in 3 weeks! :p I'm a better player than a programmer, so I'm now feverishly programming the Motif XF8 using Performances to create split keyboard, etc. When it comes time to perform (Oct 26th!), I would like to know how to set a foot switch to quickly increment the Performances as I play through the score (very rapid changes, sometimes only one measure). This has probably been discussed before but I can't find any information except for instructions for doing this for a Motif ES6. I'm hoping someone can either point me to an already written article, or kindly provide instructions.

Thanks for any time and comments you can offer.

TB

Posted : 13/10/2016 2:58 am
Bad Mister

You'll need a momentary Foot Switch (Yamaha FC4 or FC5) plugged into the Assignable Foot Switch jack on the back panel of the XF.
Set the Foot Switch Control No. to (Program Change Increment)
Press [UTILITY]
Press [F5] CONTROL
Press [SF3] CONTROL
On the list of controller find "Foot Switch Control No." Change it to 098 Program Change Increment

Press [STORE] to make this your preference.

Posted : 13/10/2016 12:46 pm
 T
Topic starter

I'm very grateful to you, Bad Mister, for your quick and clear reply. Thank you!!

Posted : 13/10/2016 8:51 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us