Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Selecting MIdi Channel with VST Editior

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
New Member Guest

I have Cubase 5, because I have Mac 10.6.8.
I've got the Motif-Rack XS with FW16E.
I have everything installed correctly and working via VST Plugin Editor.
I have the Extensions Installed.
I loaded the Extension 'Yamaha Motif-Rack XS with VST Editor'.
In Cubase Track View it shows 'All MIDI inputs' for all the MIDI Tracks, and apparently I can't change any Cubase track to an individual MIDI Channel.
I would like to have:
Motif-Rack XS MIDI Channel 1 for Cubase Track 1
Motif-Rack XS MIDI Channel 2 for Cubase Track 2
Motif-Rack XS MIDI Channel 3 for Cubase Track 3
Motif-Rack XS MIDI Channel 4 for Cubase Track 4
etc.
Thanks for any help.

Posted : 24/06/2016 2:43 am
Bad Mister

In Cubase Track View it shows 'All MIDI inputs' for all the MIDI Tracks, and apparently I can't change any Cubase track to an individual MIDI Channel.

The question for you is, how have you defined "All MIDI Inputs"? To find out go to DEVICES > DEVICE SETUP > MIDI > MIDI PORT SETUP.
Which items are marked in the column labeled, "In 'All MIDI Inputs'"?

I would like to have:
Motif-Rack XS MIDI Channel 1 for Cubase Track 1
Motif-Rack XS MIDI Channel 2 for Cubase Track 2
Motif-Rack XS MIDI Channel 3 for Cubase Track 3
Motif-Rack XS MIDI Channel 4 for Cubase Track 4

You can rechannelize any of the Tracks as you see fit.
Are you recording them one at a time?

Let us know.

Posted : 24/06/2016 9:41 am
New Member Guest

double post sorry
Please see below

Posted : 24/06/2016 11:37 pm
New Member Guest

Thank you for helping!
I'm new to Motif-Rack XS, VST and Cubase. (old Logic guy - no vst)

You can rechannelize any of the Tracks as you see fit.

A dream come true!

Are you recording them one at a time?

Not recording anything in Cubase right now
I don't want to do it one at a time.
I do record one track at a time, but that would be after I have the background at least sketched out.
I have two keyboards I use as controllers.
It's nice to have channels available to record nuances as I play.
You know, doing pads with the left hand (Channel 1), some instrument melody fills with the right hand (Channel 2), then doing a left hand over right hand to reach a short zone on the upper end of the keyboard that has maybe a church bell set up . (Channel 3) Far left side of the keyboard with a short zone with some percussion accents. (Channel 4).
Anything more than those 4 MIDI channels I'd add one at a time.

Which items are marked in the column labeled, "In 'All MIDI Inputs'"?

Attached files

Posted : 24/06/2016 11:38 pm
 Joe

I have a similar question: I am new to the Motif Rack XS and Cubase. I am running Cubase AI6. I would like to record the Multis with each Part recorded to a separate MIDI channel. I have the Motif Rack XS Editor up and running in Cubase and can play the Multis using my arranger keyboard as a controller.

Is it possible to play the Multis while in the Editor and record them to Cubase? I will be recording them in CMaj7 so I can convert them to arranger style format. I don't need help with that part... I have created many styles already with all 15 Sections, OTS, and Multi Pads.

Other methods or ideas are welcome. I would have bought a Motif keyboard but I don't have the physical space for one so the rack was my best option. But since Multis format is not quite the same as Performances, I could use some guidance on how to record the Multis with each Part assigned to and recorded on it's own channel.

Thanks in advance.
Joe H

Posted : 04/03/2017 5:05 am
Bad Mister

Not recording anything in Cubase right now
I don't want to do it one at a time.
I do record one track at a time, but that would be after I have the background at least sketched out.
I have two keyboards I use as controllers.
It's nice to have channels available to record nuances as I play.
You know, doing pads with the left hand (Channel 1), some instrument melody fills with the right hand (Channel 2), then doing a left hand over right hand to reach a short zone on the upper end of the keyboard that has maybe a church bell set up . (Channel 3) Far left side of the keyboard with a short zone with some percussion accents. (Channel 4).
Anything more than those 4 MIDI channels I'd add one at a time.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you are describing here, but each Cubase Track will record all incoming MIDI data. So if you are attempting to record more than one MIDI Channel at a time please create only one Track and set the channel to "Any"

By setting the channel to "Any" each MIDI channel is recorded as it comes in and will playback properly on the way out.

Again create just ONE MIDI Track set to "Any".

Posted : 04/03/2017 7:24 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us