Clear all

Volume has diminished after I installed M-Tron Pro mellatron software

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 john
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I have a Motif xf7, with a Novation Impulse I use as a controller, Pre Sonus ARB Live mixer/audio interface, and monitors. I recently installed the M-Tron software. Now for some reason my volume on my Motif has gone down considerably. When I am using the M-Tron the voice is loud. I called Matt a Sweetwater tech. He couldn't see how the M-Tron software would have anything to do with it. He felt that somehow I changed the volume settings, which I didn't. Anyway, if I need to change the settings to up the volume in the Motif, could anyone tell me how to do that? Thanks, John

Posted : 30/10/2018 9:22 pm
Bad Mister

It is unlikely that installing software would change the Volume of your Motif XF - that is just a coincidence.

What can change your instruments volume is a MIDI File with a "Fade Out" - really cool MIDI Files can feature a nice professional Fade Out at the end, they accomplish this by sending a Universal Volume Message that will turn the Master Volume of your instrument to 0. If you stop the Song file during the "fade" the Master Volume will just stay wherever the volume is when you press STOP.

It would RESET if you started another General MIDI File.

Things to check:
Master VOLUME:
Press [UTILITY]
Press [F1] GENERAL
Press [SF1] PLAY
Make sure your VOLUME here is 127

Posted : 30/10/2018 10:29 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us