Notifications
Clear all

Do Yamaha synths share any sounds?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I recently purchased a Yamaha Genos. I also have the MOXF88. There are some voices and programs on my MOXF that I have totally fallen in love with that do not appear to exist on the Genos. Is it possible to upload the voices/programs from the MOXF into the Genos or find sound sets for the Genos that contain them? Off the top of my head, my two favorites are "Into the Abyss" and "Sands of Time," very unusual and distinctive sounds.

Posted : 01/07/2020 1:59 pm
Bad Mister

Yamaha Synthesizers often share Waveforms and can often even load the exact data... this is true with the new MODX and MONTAGE synthesizers... they can load data from the MOXF6/MOXF8 and Motif XS/XF series.

The Genos is not technically a synthesizer and though from time-to-time an instrument sound may be shared by these distant cousins, there is no direct file compatibility between the Synths (MOXF, Motif XS/XF, MODX, MONTAGE) and the Digital Workstation Genos/ or Arranger Tyros/ PSR-SX series stuff.

Posted : 01/07/2020 9:06 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us