Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Is it posible to use the sustain foot switch when playing Moxf6 with an external midi controller?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Asa
 Asa
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hello.

I have a Moxf6... is it possible to play the notes with an external controller but use the sustain foot switch in the moxf6?

I mean:

- I play notes in the external controller (which has not possibility to put a sustain footswitch).
- But I press the sustain foot switch which is connected to the Moxf6.

Would it work?

Thanks in advace.

Posted : 27/11/2017 4:58 pm
Bad Mister

I'm sure it will.

You have everything you need - no harm in trying. The message to HOLD when you step on the pedal will cause the MOXF to sustain, whether the note-on comes from an external MIDI device or it comes from the MOXF keybed. The message to HOLD (sustain) will be received and the MOXF will do what it is supposed to do.

You elevate the status of your external keyboard by referring to it as a MIDI Controller... it has MIDI, no doubt, but is hardly a "controller". A true MIDI Controller will have PB/MW, Sustain pedal, and perhaps even a Volume Pedal option... We realize not all keyboards do... but what you are stating should work. Let us know.

Posted : 28/11/2017 5:49 pm
Asa
 Asa
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Bad Mister wrote:

I'm sure it will.

You have everything you need - no harm in trying. The message to HOLD when you step on the pedal will cause the MOXF to sustain, whether the note-on comes from an external MIDI device or it comes from the MOXF keybed. The message to HOLD (sustain) will be received and the MOXF will do what it is supposed to do.

You elevate the status of your external keyboard by referring to it as a MIDI Controller... it has MIDI, no doubt, but is hardly a "controller". A true MIDI Controller will have PB/MW, Sustain pedal, and perhaps even a Volume Pedal option... We realize not all keyboards do... but what you are stating should work. Let us know.

If I finally buy an external midi controller, I will write here to confirm that it works.

Thanks a lot!

Posted : 29/11/2017 6:39 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us