Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

MOXF sounds vs Motif

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Playing a large event this weekend where the backline contractor will provide 2 Motifs. Since I have grown accustomed to the sounds in my MOXF, I'm wondering if similar sounds (with similar names) exist in the Motif. Specifically, I want to use the Monaural Grand Piano and the Section Strings 1 patch. I'm assuming I can copy the patch to one of the user banks on the Motif as I can on the MOXF.

Any help is appreciated.

Posted : 27/11/2017 2:57 am
Bad Mister

The devil is always in the details. Providing “2 Motifs” does not necessarily mean two Motif XFs.

The MOXF and the Motif XF share the same 741MB, the same 3,977 Waveforms. And even though the Motif XF (2010) cannot Read MOXF (2013) Files directly... you will find “Monaural Grand” and “Section Strings 1” among the Presets of the Motif XF.

Motif could means Motif (2001); Motif ES (2003), Motif XS (2007), the devil is in the details.
You can download the Data List booklets of each synth - this way you’ll be able to look at a list of the Presets.

Posted : 27/11/2017 4:35 am
Topic starter

Thanks. Will check with the contractor. Good to know the difference.

Posted : 27/11/2017 6:55 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us