Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Is the MOXF capable of doing something like this?

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 John
Topic starter

Not exactly with the same sounds of the video, but the idea of playing an arpeggio in the low keys while jamming in the high keys, it's attractive.
Is it possible in the MOXF series? If the answer is no, is it possibile on the new MODX series?

Posted : 27/04/2020 11:47 am
Bad Mister

It is possible with either the MOXF or the MODX.
The MOXF has four Arpeggiators.
The MODX has eight Arpeggiators.

Posted : 27/04/2020 12:59 pm
 John
Topic starter

I know the MOXF has 4 arpeggiators and can store a lot of patterns, but can I use a different tone while playing the arpeggio?

A bass-synth line through the arpeggiator on the lows keys, and a lead tone on the high keys, maybe using the layering function to layer up to 4 voices (synth lead+organ+strings1 + strings2).

Posted : 27/04/2020 4:48 pm
Bad Mister

I know the MOXF has 4 arpeggiators and can store a lot of patterns, but can I use a different tone while playing the arpeggio

Yes.

A bass-synth line through the arpeggiator on the lows keys, and a lead tone on the high keys, maybe using the layering function to layer up to 4 voices (synth lead+organ+strings1 + strings2).

That’s 6 Parts. (?)
The MODX can have 8 sounds under your control, simultaneously.
The older MOXF can have 4. To have 6 Parts on the MOXF you’d need to use the sequencer.

Posted : 27/04/2020 8:10 pm
Eminent Member

Using song or pattern mode you can have 16 diffrent sounds if you set the parts to same midchannel.
And you can have 4 part using arps and playing with the others using split/layer etc.

I think some tutorials call it Hyperperformance. Music production guide.

I used to play: Left hand: 4 diffrent arps synths and right hand split 5 diffrent lead sounds mixed using controllers and the highest note a dual orchestra hit.

The moxf is amazing.

Posted : 28/04/2020 12:11 pm
 John
Topic starter

I'm trying to better understand the arpeggiator function using the owner manual, but it's very difficult.
There's a lot of presets patterns stored in the internal memory, but I'd like to build my own pattern from scratch, step by step, selecting for example the steps
1-2-5-7-8-9-10-14-15-16
then tweaking accents, pause, volume for each step. It's like to climb a mountain πŸ˜€

I'm tempted to give up with this use in the MOXF6, and use it like a traditional piano/organ/synth instrument.
Maybe I could be better served with a digital synthesizer and a polypohnic arpeggiator, something with 16 buttons/pads and a couple of knobs over each button/pad to tweak parameters....probably easier and faster to program arpeggios in this way.

Posted : 02/05/2020 3:01 pm
Bad Mister

The MOXF has Step Record.

Posted : 06/05/2020 9:41 pm
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us