Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

voices edited in song mode do not save changes

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello friends, I have created a song with different sounds, some on the same midi channel. I want to clarify that there is no sequence, only a mix of sounds, I have edited some parameters of one of the voices in the mix edit mode, specifically the parameters of a lead. voice so that the lfo stops controlling the mod wheel and is continuous with a small delay. The problem is that I store the mix song and with the number 5 and everything is fine, but when I change to any song and return to number 5, the sound edition disappears, because the changes of edition in the voice are not stored? What am I doing wrong? Can you explain to me step by step how to edit a voice in song mix mode and that voice edit changes are saved? thanks and greetings

Posted : 26/04/2020 5:35 pm
Bad Mister

Thanks for the question.

... I have edited some parameters of one of the voices in the mix edit mode, specifically the parameters of a lead. voice so that the lfo stops controlling the mod wheel and is continuous with a small delay.

Not sure we follow exactly what you have done, but when in SONG or PATTERN, you can edit a Normal Voice and store that edit “locally“ to the Song or Pattern it was created in. And no sequence data need be recorded - storing can just be the MIXING SETUP. We highly recommend, however, you take the time to NAME the Song... reason is — it maybe Song #5 now, but later when loading it as a single the number will be less than meaningless... get in the habit of associating a NAME with each Song or Pattern - whether or not there is any sequenced notes on the tracks. The MIXING will be identified by the Song Name or Pattern Name.

Here’s how this is done.
Press [SONG]
Press [MIXING] _ Mixing is where the Voices are assigned to the Song. There are sixteen slots, one for each Voice — these slots are called Parts.
When you press [MIXING] you will see the “VCE ED” (Voice Edit) option appear above [F5] if/when a Normal Voice occupies the Part slot.

If you wish to edit the Synth Lead in Part 7, for example, you would press the Part [7] button to select that Part
Then press [F5] VCE ED
This drops you into full edit on the Voice occupying Part 7.

Here is where you edit the Voice same as if you were in Voice Mode... when you go to STORE this Voice, the default offering will be “MIXV: 007”
Each Part containing a Normal (non-DrumKit) Voice, can store one Mix Voice (also referred to as “Mixing Voice” in the manual and editor). There is a total maximum of 256 Mixing Voices, total, for the entire MOXF. (This bank is MSB/LSB 63/60).

Once stored as a Mixing Voice, it will be saved with and loaded whenever you Load the Song (or Pattern) it was created for...

A Voice stored to a MIXV location is not accessible by other Songs or Patterns, like a User 1, 2 or 3 Bank Voice would be. It is only available in the Song (or Pattern) in which it was created.

When you press [STORE] take the MOXF’s default recommendation for storage... once you STORE the edited Voice to the MIX VOICE location within your Song, the MOXF now places this MIX VOICE into the current Part slot. Next, you must then Press [STORE] again to Store the changes you just made to the SONG Data.

It is likely that you missed one or both of these Store functions. They are separate. One stores the Voice, the other stores the fact that are have updated the Song Mixing with a new selection!

Hope that helps.

Posted : 26/04/2020 6:50 pm
Topic starter

hello I think I have not explained myself well and everything is because I use a translator Spanish English, I explain to you in the song mode I do a mix configuration I put a name I edit a voice or part as you explain to me in VCE ED once the voice has been edited or part pulse store and the mix configuration is stored with its name and for example in the number 5 when I change song and return to song 5 the voice parameters that I have edited disappear I think the problem is that the voice that I use for that part of the mix is ​​in a pre 2 bank and this voice is not in any user bank since these user banks are filled with other sounds from different libraries, you may have to edit the same parameters I want to edit in the voice what is in pre 2 store it in a user location and then use it in the mix settings? Or simply that the voice used for that part has to be in a user location? not being able to edit and store a voice in a location of the factory banks pre for that are the user banks sorry for my ignorance but I think I follow the steps you explain to me I just want to write a part of the mix configuration store it and that these changes do not disappear when the device is turned off or the song or mix settings are changed. Thank you very much and sorry for the inconvenience,

Posted : 26/04/2020 7:38 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us