Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Tracks are going missing and/or showing up in other sections while recording pattern mode sections.

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

When I record tracks to a section of a pattern, say section H, I am losing them when I go to another section and come back again. This happens even when I store immediately afterwards. Also, I am finding recorded tracks showing up randomly in other sections that they weren't recorded in - making a garbled mess. Am I overloading the pattern chain or is it something else I am doing wrong?

Posted : 31/03/2020 8:45 pm
Blake Angelos
Member Admin

Hello,

My guess is you have some phrases that are showing up in different sections. In MOXF whenever your record a track you create a Phrase. The Phrase can be engaged in any section, so if you recorded something in one section it can appear in another section. And if you clear a phrase from a section it won't play but it's still in MOXF (unless you delete the phrase itself). This type of sequencing concept--phrases and phrase patching--is a long time Yamaha sequencer function that is pretty slick, but it is different than other things out there so it may take some getting used to Have you seen this article?

What is a Pattern Phrase and what is a Pattern Patch

Let me know if this helps!

Posted : 02/04/2020 10:27 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us