Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Can't play audio from the MX 61 when connected via USB cable into my computer.

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 emir
Topic starter

Hi,
I am having some difficulty in playing audio from yamaha mx61 via usb connection to my DAW (logic pro x). I am using MX 61's "USB To Host" going into my computer's USB port. I can play the software instruments found in logic via MX 61 (i.e. software instrument track), but I cannot play audio from the MX 61 (i.e. external midi track) vis usb cable. I prefer the sounds of MX 61 and would really like to record the audio. Really appreciate your help.

Best,
EH

Posted : 06/07/2017 12:32 am
Bad Mister

In order to transfer audio from the MX61 to your computer you need an audio interface. The audio interface takes external audio and converts it to digital signal for the computer, it also takes audio from the computer and converts it to analog signal that it sends to your speakers.

The MX61 has an audio interface built-in (it can act as its own audio interface). In order to use the MX as your audio interface you need to install the "Yamaha Steinberg USB driver version 1.9.10 for Mac", you need to select this driver as an audio interface in your software, and you need to connect the MX61's main L&R Outputs to your speaker system.

If you are using a different external audio interface, you must connect the main L&R Outputs of the MX61 to that device and then you must connect your speaker system to that device. You will need to select the driver, as recommended, for that device for it to act as your audio interface

Let us know how you are setup.

Posted : 06/07/2017 10:11 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us