Notifications
Clear all

Filtertypes in Yamaha MX Series

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi!

Can someone confirm that the MX Series also can use all the filtertypes, like as example HPF BPF etc... ?
Old and new Yamaha Data-List shows in Midi Sysex just values for some LPF types.
John Melas Editor (Demo) also shows just LPF values ...

How are facts?

synthetical deep sonical regards dr.squ

Posted : 13/01/2019 12:43 am
Bad Mister

The MX-series features LPF24, LPF18, LPF12, LPF6. Within a Voice, each of the 8 possible Elements has its own Filter... you select from among the four Types.

As you move up the synthesizer line to the MOXF, from there and above you will get a full complement of 18 Filter Types. That is, the MOXF-series, the MODX-series and the MONTAGE-series. These engines feature: LPF24D, LPF24A, LPF18, LPF18s, LPF12+HPF12, LPF6+HPF12, HPF24D, HPF12, BPF12D, BPFw, BPF6, BEF12,
BEF6, DualLPF, DualHPF, DualBPF, DualBEF, LPF12+BPF6.

Posted : 13/01/2019 2:39 am
Topic starter

Thank you !

I'm surprised, because it seems that the "old" little XS Rack already have all filtertypes.

I guess .. if i want a cheap but powerful engine, then i need an MODX. Most important part will be that the Melas voice-editor really works.

Posted : 13/01/2019 10:51 am
Bad Mister

The “‘old’ little rack”, (size means nothing), is a Motif-Rack XS. Completely different series. Again, the entry level Yamaha Synth is MX.. next up the line is MOXF-series, followed by the Motif-series (discontinued), followed by the MODX-series, and topped by the MONTAGE.

Posted : 13/01/2019 1:21 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us