Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Settings for Sustain for a FC3A / FC7 pedal

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I have an MX88 and in the back of it there are 2 jacks: Sustain and Foot controller. The first one (Sustain) is busy, because I've programmed it under Utility/Controllers/FC to change between different performances (CC98) with an Yamaha FC4 pedal. It functions OK and I will never change that option.
For the second one jack (Foot Controller) I have a FC3A and a FC7 pedal and I want to program one of them for Sustain. I saw in Reference Manual (Pag. 67) under Utility/Controllers/FC1 and FC2 an option for Sustain (64) but nothing works. Maybe I'm wrong and I don't know how to do that. Can You help me?
Thanks for the answer. Peter.

Posted : 06/07/2022 7:49 am
Member Admin

Please excuse Bill's abrupt manner.

He was rushing out the door to buy an MX so he can help you more.

Posted : 06/07/2022 8:01 pm

I have a Version 1 MX61 that rarely gets used since I got a MODX but had it out last night and tried the setup you're using: sustain pedal to switch Performances and FC (1) for other functions. I could only get numbers 11 (expression) and 7 (volume) to work with FC1 (using an FC7). And it seems only the FS controller must be used to switch between Performances because the FC1 jack only supports changes up to #95 (switching performances with a pedal is #99). There may be an answer in this old reply to a post on Motifator.com from Bad Mister:

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/462435/

It's about control setup on a MOX but may apply to the MX as well. They talk about editing controllers for each voice and that may not be easy on the MX (without a voice editor or the old Vycro MX program). There's a similar response in the MX forum at Motifator for the MX:

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/467267/

sorry I can't be of more help and I hope you can get it working the way you want.

Kevin

Posted : 08/07/2022 2:18 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us