Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Distortion by speaker/housing resonance in the Reface CP (and DX) 🙁

21 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
10.6 K Views

Well, patching the headphone out to AUX in obviously won't work; the speakers are disabled when you plug something in.

It would be nice if we could have an official response on whether or not this will ever be fixable with a software update. If it's a hardware problem, maybe I'll go ahead and deliberately void my warranty, open up the box, and see if I can find another way to get the clean signal to the speakers, maybe adding another little amp if necessary...,

Posted : 21/12/2019 6:33 am

I had the exact same problem. Even after two repairs, each time the speaker was changed, the distortion of the right speaker was unbearable. However, after I sealed the right bass reflex hole with tape, the sound quality is good and clear. That helped me alot, give it a try!

Posted : 15/08/2020 3:43 pm
thomas
Estimable Member

I see that this post is old. However, I just bought a CP and am experiencing this distortion as well, looking for solutions. In my case, its the left speaker thats the problem, not the right. I would call it "fuzzy."

Just in case, the problem is systemic, I was Interested to learn how to tape the reflex hole as suggested above. Where is this hole? Are you talking about the channel / slot on the outer casing on the bottom?

Posted : 09/02/2023 6:46 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

I'm guessing these are it on the DX. I know you have a CP but maybe the speaker/case design is similar.

Posted : 09/02/2023 8:12 pm
thomas
Estimable Member

Ah.....OK
THX

Posted : 09/02/2023 9:33 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Again - this was just a guess. I was hoping to get some confirmation.

Posted : 10/02/2023 8:56 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us