Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

reface dx - how to transpose a running loop phrase

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Is it possible to transpose a running loop phrase on my reface dx ?
Would I would like to do is once a loop phrase is programmed and running by pressing a note on the keyboard or by sending a Midi-note via an external keyboard to transpose all notes of the loop phrase up or down some intervalls. (eg. relative to middle c)

1) Is it possible?
2) if yes, how ?
3) if no - kindly ask Yamaha to implement that feature on a future Firmware-update.

Posted : 03/12/2015 6:28 pm
Bad Mister

1) Is it possible?

No.
The (real) purpose of the Looper is to record a MIDI phrase to help you when tweaking/programming. Say your working on a bass sound or an electric piano sound or a pad, you can program in an appropriate MIDI phrase so you don't have to program with just one hand on the works and the other on the keys. That said, I think the designers immediately realized that folks will want to expand the use of the Looper (so quantizing has already been added in the update) - we encourage thinking outside of the box, so your thoughts about expanding the usefulness are always welcome.

Whether or not they are possible, well, that's another whole story! Thanks for your thoughts. In the meantime, you can connect the reface to any number of apps that record and do exactly what you describe... the "Mobile Music Sequencer" for example, you can record whatever you want and can instantly transpose to any key you desire using the CHORD function.

Posted : 04/12/2015 1:24 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us