Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

I can't create sounds or use previously made sounds on soundmondo

9 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I'm running Mac OSX 10.10.5 Yosemite and have my CS Reface connected via USB and on latest version of Chrome. The light for the synth is green but when I press the sync button after finding a sound it goes to the screen where I can create a sound and doesn't upload it to my synth , am I doing something wrong? There have been lots of problems for me since I started using the site. Log in issues as well where I can't login and after being able to login I get automatically logged out. Hope you understand this.

Posted : 11/04/2016 8:07 pm

I have this exact same problem on Windows 10.1 with the latest version of Chrome

Posted : 13/04/2016 6:04 am
Member Admin

Hi Fríði and Lucius-

There was an issue with Soundmondo logins a week or two a week when it came to special characters in the names, which has since been resolved. Can you clear your cache/ cookies, and try again?

Lucius - could you please do the same in terms of clearing cache/ cookies, restarting the browser and let me know if the issues persist?

By the way - I work with the folks who helped develop Soundmondo, and will be helping out with the community/ forum moderation! 🙂

Thanks,
Cassie

Posted : 13/04/2016 7:58 pm
Topic starter

Hi Cassie 🙂

Thanks for looking into the issue but after clearing cached/ cookie the problem is still there, the problem being syncing my synth with user patches 🙁

Posted : 14/04/2016 7:17 pm
Member Admin

Hi Fríði,

Sorry to hear that! We'll have someone from the tech team reach out personally to you. Thanks for your patience.

All the best,

Cassie

Posted : 15/04/2016 4:01 pm

I also tried clearing the cache and had no luck.

Posted : 15/04/2016 6:38 pm

Just tried a completely separate computer (a Mac running the latest version of OSX and the latest version of Chrome), same story. Tried clearing the cache as well, no luck.

Posted : 16/04/2016 2:18 am

Got great support from the SocialRaise (SoundMondo) folks - got a personal e-mail from the head of the company requesting further technical details.

Well, it turns out the issue is TOTALLY MY OWN FAULT. I'm running my CS through a MOTU MIDI TImepiece AV so I can use it as a MIDI controller for my other devices and do some other advanced MIDI routing and apparently I needed to mute the CC MIDI data and a few other things headed to the MIDI IN on the CS, even though I was using the USB MIDI to interface with SoundMondo. This actually makes sense and I feel dense for not figuring this out earlier (I thought I had tested with no MIDI cables plugged in).

Also got great support from Yamaha. Thanks everyone!

Posted : 19/04/2016 11:53 pm
Topic starter

With great support from the head of the company SocialRaise, that helped develop SoundMondo (talk about good service and support) I finally figured it out. The reason behind all my trouble is that I have Automap, that I use with my Novation midi keyboard, running in the background and that's been the issue this whole time. I tried turning it off and voila now I can use Soundmondo to its full extent! Thanks for all the help and great support and hopefully no one else has this problem 🙂 Cheers!

Posted : 26/04/2016 11:52 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us