Notifications
Clear all

Problems signing into ideascale?

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Anyone else having an issue signing into ideascale? For me, I see the image of the log-in screen, but the entire screen is dimmed and inactive (I can see the fields where I'm supposed to type email address and password, but I can't click into them to enter anything). See attached...

Posted : 25/06/2023 12:23 pm
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Secondarily, as long as I'm here, I can't seem to attach an image to a post. When I just tried in that previous posting, and hit the button to make it live, it gave me an error:

WARNING
Copy failed: [ROOT][TMP]/27c330e404d46d1adaff954d90c0c78e_thumb to [ROOT]/media/com_easydiscuss/attachments/27c330e404d46d1adaff954d90c0c78e_thumb

Copy failed: [ROOT][TMP]/27c330e404d46d1adaff954d90c0c78e to [ROOT]/media/com_easydiscuss/attachments/27c330e404d46d1adaff954d90c0c78e

Posted : 25/06/2023 12:25 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

I haven't seen attachments work from various folks for a while. For pictures, I advocate using inline images hosted by imgbb.com and then point to the final link using [img]...link...[/img]

From imgbb, after you upload your file there's a link to copy to your clipboard. This isn't the link to paste above. Follow that link then right click on your image and copy that address. This is the address of the actual image file hosted on imgbb. Paste that as the ...link... above.

As far as Ideascale goes - I just logged in using Chrome. I had to two-factor authenticate typing in a number received in my email. After that was done, I got in.

I did see the dim screen - but this is because the site is asking if you accept the cookies or not. Maybe change your zoom so you can see this message and respond to it.

Posted : 25/06/2023 8:37 pm
Prominent Member
Topic starter

[quotePost id=122245]I did see the dim screen - but this is because the site is asking if you accept the cookies or not. Maybe change your zoom so you can see this message and respond to it.
[/quotePost]
Thanks. Following your lead, I was able to get in with Chrome, and yes, I saw the cookie message and was able to acknowledge and proceed. My usual browser is Brave (a Chrome derivative), and no matter how big I make the window, the cookie notification (which I presume is likely the cause of the issue) does not appear. Maybe it's because I dismissed it once in the past, or maybe it's related to the behavior of some kind of pop-up or ad blocker, I don't know. But as of now, it seems, I'm permanently locked out of using ideascale in Brave (whether due to some inherent incompatibility or some setting or past behavior), so I'll have to launch Chrome to visit there. I did try using a "private" window in Brave to rule out possible extension incompatibilities, but it didn't help.

Posted : 25/06/2023 9:09 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Maybe it's something cached. I've never installed Brave before today. I installed it to test and did see the cookie message:

Posted : 25/06/2023 9:23 pm
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Jason, I found the problem, and I'm surprised that you were able to get in using Brave. Looking at your screenshot, at the right side of the URL bar, there's a Brave "Shields" icon (with a 1 in it) indicating that the Shields are active and have blocked something on the site. I found that I had to turn that off, and then Brave would work. Yet you were able to get in without turning that off, hmmm!

But for anyone else who may find their way to this thread for not being able to log in from Brave, disabling Shields on the ideascale site worked for me.

(Brave describes the feature this way: "Brave Shields blocks trackers, cross-site cookie tracking, fingerprinting, and more." It is on by default, but it can be turned off for any page, from that icon in the URL bar. So if a given page is not working as you expect, you can go to that icon and turn off Shields for that page and see if that fixes the problem.)

Posted : 09/07/2023 11:34 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us