Notifications
Clear all

Cool "hidden" feature in CP73/CP88 front panel Voice selection

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Here's a cool "hidden feature" I discovered on the CP73/88: A Live Set includes not just all the currently selected sounds and settings for each of the three sections (whether those sections are enabled or not), but also all the currently selected sounds for each inactive category within those sections. So, for example, if your Live Set #1 includes your favorite Rhodes sound (selected in the EP section), the memorized EP section settings can also include your favorite (unselected) Wurli, Clav, and DX sounds, each in their respective categories (albeit not with different fx settings). Extending this concept to all three sections, this means that your Live Set #1 can include 12 of your favorite sounds, all available almost instantaneously via dedicated, labeled front panel controls. You have nearly instant access to your favorite Grand, Upright, CP, Layered piano, Rhodes, Wurli, Clav, FM EP, Pad/String sound, Organ, Chromatic Percussion, and one Other.... and all largely splittable and layerable with each other (for up to one sound in each section). All from within a single Live Set, without any scrolling or menus, and if it's your first Live Set, without ever so much as having to hit a single "unlabeled" button. Just turn the keyboard on, and a few seconds later, you'll always have those 12 sounds of your choice, instantly available from their clearly named controls.

So in case that wasn't obvious to some of the users here (as it wasn't to me), I hope some people find it helpful!

Posted : 20/04/2021 9:17 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us