Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Panning of on board sounds

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I’ve read the manual and worked on my new CP88 for a couple of days. I cannot find any way to pan the on board sounds. Obvious uses would be sending split sounds for different processing from L or R (e.g., bass to separate bass cabinet or organ to Leslie or external Leslie simulator. Another use for me would be panning two string or brass sounds differently in Advanced mode, similar to to lush big patches in CP4.

If panning exists, tell me how.
If it doesn’t exist, I offer panning as a suggestion.

Barry

Posted : 03/11/2019 3:55 pm
Blake Angelos
Member Admin

Hi Barry,

You cannot pan like that on CP88 primarily because of the way the onboard effects are configured. I would encourage you to check out the IdeaScale community HERE and put this as a suggestion for a possible update.

Posted : 05/11/2019 9:25 pm
Lex
 Lex
Eminent Member

I once played a CP88 at a Guitar Center where only the right-hand speaker was sounding. I wasn't sure if someone had panned the keyboard, or if the left speaker was dead. It's inconsequential, but it's nice to know that I didn't miss anything in my search for a panning option and it was indeed Guitar Center's shoddy sound system like I'd thought.

Posted : 05/11/2019 9:31 pm
Topic starter

Thanks, Blake.

Posted : 07/11/2019 3:51 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us