Clear all

Low Hanging Fruit Fixes & Improvements

51 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Member Admin
Topic starter

ADD:

Scenes: add an ability to store key ranges for both arpeggios at the Part Level (the note input filter) and the Part Key Ranges (the note output Filter), and the Velocity ranges of both, too, since these are the corresponding dynamics filters for notes.

Fix:

When opening the Scenes Menu from the Performance Page: DO NOT JUMP TO THE CURRENT SCENE'S restrictions/stored settings, instead consider that the user is possibly still editing something and checking to see if it will be stored. The way it currently operates, the user changes are lost and the stored settings recalled. This is user hostile. Please fix!

Posted : 20/10/2022 7:38 am
Prominent Member

Wouldn't it make more sense to place these suggestions in Ideascale (or upvote them if they're already there)? I mean, that's where Yamaha actually looks for feedback on features.

Posted : 20/10/2022 1:20 pm
Member Admin
Topic starter

[quotePost id=118831]Wouldn't it make more sense to place these suggestions in Ideascale (or upvote them if they're already there)? I mean, that's where Yamaha actually looks for feedback on features.
[/quotePost]

No.

I wanted this list for my own reference, and that of others, and searchable, and to constantly remind myself that they're not doing even minor updates to minor issues of workflow and simple additive improvements possible, let alone the bigger things (like screen brightness controls, a sequencer that's sensible and integrated with the arp system, etc).

Furthermore, you don't have to believe me, but I think that Ideascale is designed, like many other similar platforms and approaches, to obfuscate and obscure existing customer issues and awarenesses of product limitations, to silo it off from subsequent interested buyers and media such that it's not easily searchable and all seems reasonable and being considered for action.

It seems, at the very least, insincere. Especially when they're moving things in and out of "consideration" etc, seemingly arbitrarily, and nothing is released... not even low hanging fruit fixes, improvements and additions.

Posted : 20/10/2022 2:37 pm
Member Admin
Topic starter

ADD: Seamless Switching for Scenes of 4 Parts

Any Scene that only uses four parts to any Performance that's configured to default to loading a Scene of 4 parts.

Would greatly increase the potential for live usage. Massively, in fact, as a Performance could have 8 or 16 Parts, and be used with all of them in 6 Scenes, and have an entry Scene of only 4 parts and an exit Scene of only four parts, so the performer could play through, fully utilising the Performance and all the powers of the MODX/Montage, and then switch seamlessly out to the next Performance's entry, Seamless Scene.

Posted : 23/01/2023 7:02 am
Member Admin
Topic starter

ADD: "Page Turn" on arrowing past Part 8 to 9, and back again.

When a Part is selected, and an Arrow Button pressed (left or right) the Part Selection changes as expected, until you get to the right edge on the first "page", where it does nothing, rather than the obvious, stepping over to Part 9 and changing the "page" to that of Parts 9 through 16.

Similarly, when coming back, at Part 9 selected, a left arrow button press should revert the view to that of the first 8 parts and Select Part 8.

Posted : 18/03/2023 5:21 pm
Member Admin
Topic starter

FIX: Arp record on DAW.

This is some kind of bad joke on users the way this "works".

Posted : 31/05/2023 8:00 am
Page 4 / 4
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us