Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Loading midi file & user arpeggios

17 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
Member Admin

I propose a new 1 click method to do this. The current firmware makes creating user arps something we have to hunt for and its not directly obvious. How about just dragging a midi file from the DAW into Connect and having it convert to user arp? Or how about the Montage reading all song data and or recorded pattern data as user arps automatically? Just expand the Motnage parts to be able to load anything instantly with midi data instead of just waht is defined as "arp"

Posted : 21/02/2021 4:11 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

I believe part of this is that MIDI files do not reveal if they are fixed note, org note, or normal. So "automatic" arp conversion would need some user interaction to define how to use the MIDI files. This interaction is already part of the menus. Maybe going from patterns has a step "too many". I can see that.

I would generally put this under file management - something that has been a huge weak (blind) spot in Yamaha for as long as I can remember. I'd like for the system to abstract some of these steps too so the experience is more elegant.

Posted : 21/02/2021 7:20 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us