Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

New Performance for external MIDI?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Is there a way to create a performance for the sole purpose of controlling an external MIDI device (like a VST in a DAW)? SUCH THAT, the performance can be placed in a live set and treated like any other performance? I have a similar setup on my Korg Kronos. I'm looking for the option on the Montage.

Thanks,
Scott

Posted : 08/02/2017 4:20 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Yes - the options for configuring MIDI OUT are fairly well matched to the Korg.

Beyond volume, note on/off, and other "standard" MIDI outputs - what the knobs and buttons do between the two keyboards is different. So there may be editing on the VST side to assign a particular knob to a particular VST parameter - as I'm sure you had to do with the Korg at some point. Lots of VSTs have "learn" features.

I'm not sure if the Korg has different modes for the knobs/buttons/sliders. For knobs and sliders on Montage - there are several "modes" available which can affect the MIDI output of each. Therefore, there is some need to become oriented to this and avoid, during a performance, changing modes unintentionally if that is going to affect your VST control. Keep in mind that changing these "modes" is not easy to do and you are unlikely to, at a gig, foul something up. Some are easier to "trip over" than others - so the orientation step is a good time to learn how these "modes" are switched and relate this to your propensity to inadvertently change the "mode" for a given control.

Posted : 09/02/2017 9:08 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us