Clear all

saving pre-set to user bank resets the list to top , also delete hard to find

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 dave
Topic starter

as a first time user couple of niggles,
when saving a pre-set to a user slot after modification in the in category list, after saving, the list of factory pre-sets goes back to the top of the list
so you have to remember where you were within hundreds of pre-set, scroll back down and try to find where you were, i am going through list in order to store what i need in user
slots, so would like it to stay on the pre-set i selected, before save not default back to 1st pre-set in list, so i can go on the the next pre-set, my MPC key 61 has a tab saying find pre-set for just this scenario, it would take you to where you were
2nd thing delete button on some screen impossible to find, you have to go around the houses to find it, took me ages to delete a song
i found it by luck, needs to be on any screen with a save as an option

Posted : 10/11/2023 6:18 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

In category search, don't filter by "all" if you're looking for a user Performance you saved. Instead, filter by the user bank only. This will be a short list.

There was a lot of debate over how Category search should remember where you left off or forget and start from scratch. Different users had different opinions and sometimes would have wanted both under different situations.

There's a bit to learn to use what is offered more effectively and you 're still early on that journey. Hang in there.

You shouldn't have to but if you saved your user Performances with the name starting with DVC (or what have you DaVe is Cool) then you could search for DVC (even with the all filter) and find all of your custom Performances.

Sort by date to see which ones you edited last. Not sure if the M has a reliable RTC (realtime clock) or not but sorting by date should provide some good results.

Posted : 10/11/2023 6:35 pm
Prominent Member

when saving a pre-set to a user slot after modification in the in category list, after saving, the list of factory pre-sets goes back to the top of the list

Yep - there are some more 'gotchase' in the same area. the 'Main' category will often be checked when you come back to the search screen so you list will be different.

And the search criteria will no longer have your search string in it or provide a short list of previous search strings.

So not only is the search string missing but when you type it in again you have to find where you were before.

Posted : 10/11/2023 6:51 pm
Darryl
Prominent Member

[quotePost id=124445]In category search, don't filter by "all" if you're looking for a user Performance you saved. Instead, filter by the user bank only. This will be a short list.[/quotePost]
Not anymore on my Montage it's not lol :p

You shouldn't have to but if you saved your user Performances with the name starting with DVC (or what have you DaVe is Cool) then you could search for DVC (even with the all filter) and find all of your custom Performances.

Full circle moment for me. I remember you telling me this in a post in 2019 and now all my 'User' Performances start with either D.xxxxxx or T.xxxxx (for temporary or test Performances that either get deleted or renamed to D.xxxxx). Thanks Jason, your advice made my naming work better... 😉

Posted : 10/11/2023 6:59 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us